Oasis Association is a registered non-profit organisation established in 1952 to provide schooling facilities for children with intellectual disability. The Association’s services have expanded considerably over the years and our mission is to enable people with intellectual disabilities to realise their full potential and become as independent and productive as possible within the community. Currently the organisation is providing holistic services for over 450 intellectually disabled people through Protective Workshops, Day Centres and Group homes.
Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Goodwood, Cape Town
- Reception duties
- Greet and welcome visitors to the offices of the Workshop and deal with queries, or inform the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Answer the switchboard in a professional, courteous manner and direct all calls appropriately
- Record messages accurately and distribute as necessary
- Clerical services
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Workshop Coordinator as needed
- Manage, maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Provide office stationery for staff and maintain adequate stock via the procurement process
- Order required stock via the Procurement Stores Supervisor once the Workshop Coordinator has authorised the order
- Matric, with at least three years’ experience in an Administrative position.
- Contactable references essential
- Reliability, confidentiality and discretion is essential
- Good organisational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of Police Clearance Certificate and credit check
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in an intellectual disability environment
Submit a CV with at least three contactable references and motivational letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 September, 2019