The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Office Administrator in the BioFISA II Programme that is hosted by the Biosciences unit. The incumbent will be responsible for running a highly efficient office with effective administration systems/processes. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Coordinate meetings, including arranging the venue, refreshments, preparing the agenda and recording minutes;
- Assist with the planning and arrangement of events, including but is not limited to training courses, stakeholder workshops, and exhibitions;
- Prepare minutes, agendas, training programmes and other appropriate documents;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff;
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available;
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of office equipment and furniture;
- Support the BPU team in various tasks such information searches (web), updating contact database and other administrative tasks as needed by the team.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A National Diploma in office administration. A Bachelors degree is advantageous;
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment;
- The following competencies are critical for this position:
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Good organization skills;
- Record-keeping skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
Closing date: 12 April 2018
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.