The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Office Administrator in the BioFISA II Programme that is hosted by the Biosciences unit. The incumbent will be responsible for running a highly efficient office with effective administration systems/processes. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Coordinate meetings, including arranging the venue, refreshments, preparing the agenda and recording minutes;
- Assist with the planning and arrangement of events, including but is not limited to training courses, stakeholder workshops, and exhibitions;
- Prepare minutes, agendas, training programmes and other appropriate documents;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff;
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available;
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of office equipment and furniture;
- Support the BPU team in various tasks such information searches (web), updating contact database and other administrative tasks as needed by the team.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A National Diploma in office administration. A Bachelors degree is advantageous;
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment;
- The following competencies are critical for this position:
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Good organization skills;
- Record-keeping skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
Closing date: 12 April 2018
CLICK HERE TO APPLY