Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC (VPUU) NPC implements multi-sectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements.
This is done in partnership with communities, the City of Cape Town, Drakenstein Municipality, Theewaterskloof Municipality and the Western Cape Government. VPUU works in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods. An area strategy has been developed with community leaders, municipal officials & provincial officials which is called the community action plan.
VPUU seeks to appoint an Office Administrator Intern, based in Cape Town.
This is a six months contract.
Salary: R3500 per month
The successful candidate will provide administrative support so that all operations run effectively and efficiently.
- To provide reception and secretarial functions
- To provide administrative assistance
- Manage supplier inventory database
- Organise and logistics of meeting and workshops
- At least one-year experience within an administrative environment
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email
- Proficiency in typing and minute-taking
- Experience in data capturing
- Effective oral/written communication skills in English, Afrikaans or IsiXhosa.
- Be reliable and accountable
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
To apply, submit a CV and a covering letter
, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to [email protected]
or VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000.
Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 14 December, 2016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC, refer to www.vpuu.org.za