Old Mutual is the largest and most well-established financial services provider in Southern Africa. Our prominent position in the industry is reflected in our strong operating performance across all our businesses, our good balance sheet position, strong financial flexibility with demonstrated access to international capital markets and diversity of business.
Read more about Old Mutual.
Well-trained and qualified accountants are important to the success of Old Mutual and South Africa. For this reason, Old Mutual offers bursaries to people who are keen to pursue the CA career.
What does the bursary offer?
Old Mutual Accountancy Bursaries cover:
- The full costs of tuition at University of Cape Town (UCT) and Stellenbosch University.
- Residence fees and one annual return flight home for students who are not studying in their hometown.
- Benefit from months in-house holiday training.
- The better the quality of your degree the more incentives you will be offered.
- Book and general allowance.
How to qualify for the bursary?
You need a matric with at least 60% or Level 5 for Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English. Applicants who wrote Matric (Grade 12) prior to 2008 must have obtained at least 60% for all subjects, including Mathematics and English.
You also need to commit to our CA Training Program after which you will work for Old Mutual for a specified period of time. Please apply timeously for admission to the university.
How to Apply
Download the application form which must be completed in your own writing. Please also view the checklist.
- Read through the requirements carefully.
- Send certified copies of your identity document and your results, not originals.
- Application deadline is 15 July 2011 for the 2012 academic year.
- If your results are not available please submit your application form in the meantime and indicate that your results will follow as soon as they are available.
- Provide valid contact details.
- Sections H & I of the application form need to be completed by your school principal.
- Don’t forget to attach the required hand written biography and essay to your application form.
- We will not accept application forms sent by fax or email.
- Only South African citizens can apply.
- Appointments will be made in line with the Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups.
The Coordinator Accounting Bursary
FinRisC Human Resources (4C)
Po Box 66
Tel: +27 (0)21 509 2656