Posted on :
16 Jul, 2010
16 Jul, 2010
Old Mutual South Africa is a leading international long-term savings Group, powering a portfolio of highly trusted brands. We serve the growing savings and investment. This role manages the customer experience across the Corporate Segment. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through others over periods of one to two years. The position is based in Sandton.
Key result areas and work descriptors:
• Marketing Service Delivery
o Manages the development of Customer Value Propositions
o Develops and implements customer management rules, processes and governances.
o Chairs the Customer Management Strategy Board.
o Individually accountable for managing the analysis, reporting and metric settings that inform the Segment Marketing Manager and Customer Development Strategies. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through the efforts of others, over periods of one to two years.
o Drives, measures and reports back on the OMSA – wide Customer Management Strategy Programme.
• Team Effectiveness
o Individually accountable for others time, tasks and output quality , for periods of up to two years.
o Manages Performance
o Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards
o Selects potential staff to sustain customer / client service delivery
o Creates a climate for optimal performance
o Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
o Plans and assigns work over periods of up to a year
• Stakeholder Management
o Individually accountable for execution of the client experience marketing strategy over periods of up to two years.
o Develops and manages relationships and agreements with relevant stakeholders such as the CRM owners, Customer and Intermediary Intelligence (CII) unit for delivery of data and analysis.
Market and Customer Research
o Performs client and market surveys and research, collates, analyses and interprets market intelligence.
o Designs and drives campaigns to leverage market surveys.
• Marketing Service Delivery
o Manages the development and maintenance of Customer Value Proposition
o Develops and implements a Customer Experience strategy for the Corporate business
o Grows our understanding of the customer and customer insights through data collection and analysis.
o Maximises the value of customer events and hospitality to enhance customer relationships, business growth and retention.
o Drives the Web and digital strategy for Corporate
o Manages brand implementation in the corporate business.
• Materials Design and Production
o Develops and executes marketing messages /materials directed at intermediaries and end customers.
o Briefs design agency on creative work
o Ensures brand consistency on all client- facing material.
o Ensures on time delivery of marketing goods /material.
• Technical Knowledge
• Aligning Performance For Success
• Client Focus
• Decision Making
• Gaining Commitment
• Planning and organising
• Business Awareness
• Enterprise Innovation
Role Qualifications and Competencies:
• A completed Business related tertiary qualification or a degree / diploma in Commerce ( e.g. Bcom)
• Have at least five years management / leadership experience in a Corporate Marketing environment preferably in the financial service sector.
• Show business appreciation and an ability to create and drive a Segment Marketing Strategy to full implementation.
• Be able to facilitate growth, change and innovation in the market.
• Should have strong communication skills and work in a collaborative fashion with both internal and external parties.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with Corporates in identifying specific business opportunities.
• Extensive relevant corporate industry experience.
• Ability to interact at senior level.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to influence at different levels.
• Innovative and energetic.
• Presentation skills.
Education level: Degree
Job level: Management
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Old Mutual: Corporate Segment