Old Mutual Learners’ Scholarship Programme 2010 is an initiative specifically developed to identify and nurture gifted learners across South Africa who have the potential and early interest to pursue an Actuarial or Accounting career but who are not in a position to access high-quality Maths education due to financial constraints. These learners need to possess exceptional academic talent, a passion for learning and leadership potential.
Dedicated to cultivating and expanding South Africa’s talent, as well as empowering and uplifting deserving individuals and communities, the Old Mutual Learners’ Scholarship Programme offers inspired, gifted learners in grades 8 and 9 the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from grade 10 through to grade 12 at top South African Model C and Independent high schools.
The benefits of an Old Mutual Scholarship include:
- Quality Maths education, extramural activities and life skills from a top South African high school.
- Individual support, encouragement and mentorship.
- Funding for tuition and hostel fees.
- An additional allowance for travel, stationery, books, toiletries, school uniforms and clothes.
- An interactive job shadow programme at Old Mutual for learners exploring Accounting and Actuarial careers.
- The chance to apply for Old Mutual Accounting and Actuarial University bursaries after matriculating successfully with the required grades.
- The possibility of an Accounting or Actuarial career path with Old Mutual after graduation.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to apply for an Old Mutual Learners Scholarship then the process will be as follows:
- Download the application form for grade 10 scholarships.
- Complete and submit your application in the original format by
30 July 2010.
- All applications will be carefully considered and suitable applicants shortlisted according to the selection criteria.
- Testing will be arranged to arrive at an interim short list.
- Interviews will then be arranged with interim short-listed learners.
- A simulation exercise will conducted with the short-listed candidates.
- The final short list will then be announced and presented to the selected Model C and Independent schools who will then make their selection.
- Scholarships will be awarded to successful learners.
- Learners will enter into a contract agreement with old Mutual.
- An orientation session will be arranged for scholarship recipients and their parents or guardians.
Why not go for it and succeed and shine with Old Mutual? Speak to your parents or guardians about the Old Mutual Learners’ Scholarship Programme and apply for your scholarship now!