Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
Broker Services South –Cape Town South Region has a position available for a Service Consultant who will be based in Cape Town City.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Technical Management function and is responsible for delivering quality service to customers, who could be either internal or external to Santam (including brokers, customers, partners and suppliers). The successful incumbent will provide support to address customer, needs, concerns and issues.
- Prepare basic reports and statistics based on risk analysis.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to provide information, feedback and follow through on queries and/ or instructions
- Address unusual and non-standard customer issues including underwriting and commercial related queries.
- Task related decision making within set policies and procedures
- Research to assist in addressing non-standard underwriting issues
- Update TM reports
- Create client profiles for identified risks
- Grade 12
- FAIS compliance (60 credits Commercial Lines and 30 credits Personal Lines) preferred
- RE 1 preferred
- At least 2 years within the short term insurance industry essential
- At least 1 year Commercial Lines experience
- Proven Excel experience essential
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiar with Excel, Word basic, Qlikview, Intranet and Internet
- understanding and knowledge of Santam process
- understanding of all relevant customer support systems and processes related to all products
- Analytical thinking
- Information seeking
- Drive for results
- Emotional self-control
- Customer service orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
Are you keen to join Santam’s team of high performers? View available vacancies and apply online. All appointments will be made in line with the Santam Employment Equity strategy. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 21 JULY 2016