Posted on :
29 Jun, 2011
29 Jun, 2011
We are looking for graduates with a strong logical ability, a systematic thinking approach, and a high attention to detail, that can translate client requirements into software solutions.
This person will work on software projects and pick up on many of the aspects of software delivery that are not specifically programming; such as (but not limited to) analysis, project monitoring, reporting to clients and management on progress, checking for completeness and accuracy, training and documentation.
The person we are looking for will want to work in a fast paced, high energy environment. They should be a person who not only wants to do what is asked, but who constantly seeks to improve the process that is followed to deliver a higher quality product more efficiently. Importantly, this should be a person who cares about all the people involved, both our team members and our clients.
The right person would be seeking to work with intelligent, motivated, self driven team players with low egos, good communication skills and an effective problem solving approach. They would also be very conscious of the importance of contributing to a positive working environment. Our team must be able to tune into the needs of clients and their higher objectives to solve problems, where not all the information is readily available.
At Open Box we consciously focus graduates to get maximum exposure. We believe in aligning careers to the passion, interests and needs of our individual team members. Our goal is to provide the optimum blend of involvement and enjoyment for our team as they build their experience.
• Friendly and easy going
• Willing and wanting to work flexible times
• Goal orientated
• Passion for problem solving
• Strong team orientation
• Professional communication
• Self motivation
• 3 / 4 year degree, ideally software/engineering or commerce orientated. Must be able to demonstrate a strong number orientation through abilities in Mathematics, Accounting, statistics and/or Finance.
• Impeccable command of the English Language (written and verbal)
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel)
• Confident with strong organization skills
• Own transport
• Enjoys working on computers
• Exposure to the software development process
How to apply
Send your CV as well as matric and tertiary academic transcripts to [email protected]
Subject(s) Engineering – Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing
Computer Science and Related
Engineering – Electronic, Electrical
Location(s) Cape Town
Start date January 2012
Offer valid till: 1 November 2011