Operation Smile is a global nonprofit organisation that provides free life changing surgery to children and adults suffering with facial deformities, more specifically cleft lips and/or cleft palates.
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Job Location: Cape Town
Salary: R18 000 to R23 000 depending on experience
The Development Coordinator reports to the Country Manager, and supports the Country Manager to ensure the foundation’s consistent achievement of its financial objectives. The Development Coordinator will work with the Country Manager to develop fundraising, organisational and financial plans, and carries out plans and policies authorised by the Country Manager and the Board of Trustees and promotes active and broad participation by volunteers and donors in year round activities, fundraising and establishes sound working relationships with staff, volunteers and in country partners.
- Research prospects, gather information, set appointments and complete presentations for Country Manager
- Coordinate logistics and grid rights deliverables on partnerships with donors.
- Client service of key donors, maximising all opportunities and synergies with them-keeping them up to date on all activities
- Develop a Donor Mission plan and strategy
- Facilitate mission experiences and coordinate with donors on logistics
- Complete reports for donors when necessary.
- Assist Country Manager with special projects and items as needed
- Effectively exploit Operations Smile’s brand equity
- Strategise and structure marketing business case presentations in such a way as to make strong business sense and generate more interest from for-profit corporations
- Aid in development of a recurring revenue model that adds to Operation Smile’s economic sustainability
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward personal pipeline of donors
- Support the Country Manager to expand international corporate partnerships within the region
- Develops systems and ensures integration within Operation Smile divisions/departments:
- Grantsmanship/proposals for foundations, corporations and individuals
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities for major gifts donors
- Comprehensive/capital campaigns and overall organisational recognition programs
- Corporate and special event sponsorships
- Operation Smile and third-party special events
- Assists in the identification, cultivation of major and planned gifts donors as needed
- Participates in creating and analysing coding to support Development’s information needs for tracking major gifts donors/ prospects moves in the organisation’s donor database, eTapestry
- Be willing to take on new tasks as needed
- Creates and evaluates metric-driven development communications and solicitation programs, including integration with special and general giving segments programs
- Leverages existing Operation Smile communications, as well as creates new vehicles where necessary for donors
- Supports the organisational brand, messaging, corporate identity and style guidelines
- Guides the creation of campaign materials, such as campaign plans, feasibility studies, case statements, capabilities brochures, funding proposals and donor reports
- Develops and maintains Generally Accepted Development Practices document; educates and monitors Development staff on employing standards; develops templates and other tools to support standards
- Support with the website development and work closely with team in the office to leverage online networking tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Linked in and Twitter.
- Assist with media and marketing where necessary
- Assist with design work on key communication documentation
- Maximise PR opportunities and angles and assist in contacting key media and developing relationships here
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business or international field
- Four years’ experience with an international agency or corporation
- Experience and success in development, events or project managing
- Driver’s license
- Ability to travel
Characteristics / Skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Ability to work diplomatically in a global team-based environment that includes board members, medical professionals, and volunteers
- Ability to accept newly assigned projects or duties as they become necessitated
- Oral, written, and presentation language skills are required in English and Afrikaans, additional language skills would be ideal
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]le.org quoting “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 24th August, 2018