Operations and Logistics Manager – SA Remote Cities
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their cities.
The Operations and Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your cities through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in multiple SA cities and do whatever it takes to get the job done and grow the business
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify and attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Analytics. Utilize data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop and Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Work closely with the larger South African team to ensure regional and national objectives are executed
- Product Improvement. Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Travel. Hit the ground to ensure your cities processes continue to run efficiently and partners / drivers are happy
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
- 3-6 years of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to drive business decisions
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your cities.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Monthly gym, mobile, and healthcare reimbursement
Job Title:Operations and Logistics Manager – South Africa Multiple Cities