First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a well-established and growing metals and mining company producing mainly copper, gold, nickel and zinc.
With a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects, First Quantum is poised to become one of the largest widely-held, pure-play coppers producers in the world.
First Quantum Minerals invites applications for a Human Resources
Internship opportunity available in their Johannesburg office.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a
multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America.
- Bulk uploading of CVs & supporting documentation to PageUp.
- Creating applicant profiles & linking to relevant jobs.
- Managing the online progression of candidates through the process on Page Up.
- Creating Jobs on PageUp in preparation for advertising.
- Copying and scanning of documentation as required.
- Assistance with creating reference check forms.
- Basic PageUp Superuser duties – adding Hiring Managers etc
- Coordination of interviews and travel arrangements of candidates
- Coordinating the logistics of stamped & authorised visa applications. This will entail constant communication with visa applicants to ensure that the paperwork is complete and the required supporting documentation has been gathered and is in order. Liaising with the team in Panama to obtain relevant documentation in preparation for the visa application.
- Arranging the travel, accommodation and transport for stamped visa applicants who reside outside the borders of South Africa and who need to travel to the Embassy in Pretoria.
- Processing of required government documentation ie. police clearances, apostilling of documentation etc at the relevant government institutions.
- Ensuring that the processed documentation has been reviewed by the team in Panama and is in order.
- Ensuring that the documentation is couriered to the correct locations/teams for processing and submission.
- Providing general assistance, information gathering, as well as processing and obtaining the required documents for the family of those who will become residential.
- Liaising and maintaining the relationship with both the agent and the Panamanian Embassy in Pretoria.
- Grade 12
- HR / Industrial Psychology Degree / Diploma (newly qualified 2015 / 2016) or studying towards such a qualification
Competencies and Skills:
- Computer literate
- Detail orientated
- Administrative skills
- Less than one year’s administrative experience
CLICK HERE TO APPLY