Posted on :
22 Jul, 2011
22 Jul, 2011
Oracle acquired Primavera Software Inc., a leading provider of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions for project-intensive industries, in October 2008. Oracle Primavera is focused exclusively on helping project-intensive businesses in key vertical industries such as engineering and construction, public sector, aerospace and defence, utilities, oil and gas, manufacturing and high tech, IT and services, manage their entire project portfolio lifecycle, including projects of all sizes.
It is estimated that projects totalling more than $6 trillion in value have been managed with Primavera products. Companies turn to Primavera project portfolio management solutions to help them make better portfolio management decisions, evaluate the risks and rewards associated with projects, and determine whether there are sufficient resources with the right skills to accomplish the work. These best-in-class solutions provide the project execution and control capabilities needed to successfully deliver projects on time, within budget and with the intended quality and design.
More information on Oracle Primavera Global Business Unit: http://www.oracle.com/primavera
This role will report to the EMEA Applications Sales Consulting Manager. This role’s key objective is to support Primavera’s Country Manager to accelerate revenue growth in South Africa and support revenue in the T2 markets. Subject to the approval of the line managers, this role might also support rest of the EMEA region on an ad hoc basis. This role will involve travel, and requires the successful candidate to have a high-level of PPM Market and Tool experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Presales support for South Africa.
• Discussion with customers, VARs to validate customers’ pains and requirements via meetings, phone calls, webinars and/or emails;
• Demonstration of Primavera solution based on clients’ requirements either derived from RFP or detailed requirement analysis;
• RFP response from a functional and technical perspective;
• Creation and monitoring of customer evaluation, pilots and proof of concepts;
• Addressing technical questions regarding a defined sales opportunity.
• Running seminars for target accounts
Other responsibilities include:
• To deliver the Sales Enablement Program within predefined timelines.
• To provide feedback on program materials to cater for the local business culture.
• To collect feedback from program attendees on quality of training delivered.
• Support for In-country Review on localization.
Required experience and skills:
• English – business level written and spoken
• Pre-sales experience
• Experience in one or more of the following verticals: Engineering & Construction, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Utilities
• PPM industry experience
• PPM software experience
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).