Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Community Health and Referral Systems Specialist up to June 2020 to support its USAID Funded Government Capacity Building Program (GCBS).
Job Title: Community Health and Referral Systems Specialist
Job Location: Pretoria
The Community Health and Referral Systems Specialist (HRSS) will play a pivotal role in ensuring functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers. Proficiency in dealing with M&E is essential and also expertise in referral systems.
- Supervising Community Health, Referral and Linkage Officers and a Peace Corps volunteer in selected provinces/districts;
- Ensure functional bi-directional referral systems in all provinces/districts;
- Monitor success of the referral systems, and provide support to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed;
- Conduct technical assistance and mentoring with DSD staff, NPO staff, project staff and health facility staff on effective bi-directional referral systems and case management;
- Coordinate with HIV Testing and Counseling providers and manage the national calendar for community outreach schedules and provincial partnerships;
- Coordinate quarterly district level quality improvement meetings with relevant bidirectional referrals stakeholders as required;
- Coordinate with the M&E team to ensure all bi-directional referrals data are accurate;
- Produce weekly; use data for decision-making and ensure partners are using data to conduct needed follow-up for systematic follow up of cases of incomplete referrals;
- Report on referral systems and PEFPAR’s key performance indicators on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that program information is accurately and promptly communicated from and to the field;
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Honors degree or higher, preferably in one of the Social Sciences; MPH preferred;
- Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information;
- Five years or more experience in HIV services with management of clinical and community programs preferred;
- At least five years’ experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming; experience in developing and managing referral systems preferred;
- Experience with PEPFAR funded projects in South Africa;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including report writing;
- Excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level; experience in an appreciative approach a plus;
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision;
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills;
- Must be proficient in Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Office and Ms Outlook;
- Must be a South African national or permanent resident with fluency in English and in at least one local indigenous South African language;
- Must have a valid South African driver’s license and be willing to travel.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Community Health and Referral Systems Specialist” to [email protected]
Closing Date: 7 September 2018.
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful