Currently, Pact is helping to build the capacity of South Africa’s Department of Social Development to better support orphans and vulnerable children.
Job Title: Data Support Officer
NW (x1 Bojanala), FS (x2 Thabo Mafutsane), MP (x3 Gert Sibande), LP (x3 Capricorn),
GP (x1 City of Tshwane, x3 City of Johannesburg), KZN (x1Zululand, x1 uThukela)
The Data Support Officer will be based at selected Department of Social Development (DSD) service points; DSD funded NPOs and DOH clinics at ward level, supporting and strengthening GCBS MERL activities including data management – collection; capturing; cleaning; reporting as well as site monitoring and MERL capacity development – data utilization. This will be done in accordance with the GCBS programme work plan.
Minimum Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide capacity support for appropriate recording and utilization of data (evidence for decision-making) at the site-level
- Ensure accurate daily data capturing and consolidation for designated DSD service points and non-profit organizations (NPOs); and DOH health facilities using the available data capturing system.
- Strengthen data management and M&E systems at NPO and service point level
- Ensure that all data are captured according to the standard operating procedures
- Ensure that data is transmitted to relevant manager within the set timeframes
- Participate in data quality management by performing systems verifications, data quality assurance and control measures
- Complete monthly reporting templates and timely submission thereof
- Support the GCBS Programme Team, Health Facilities and NPOs to address emerging data management issues
Minimum Education and Expertise Requirements:
- Post matric qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work and registration with the South African Council for Social Service Practitioners advantageous;
- A valid SA driver’s license and must be willing to travel
- Must have a minimum of two years working experience in data capturing, management and / or analysis.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication
- Good interpersonal skills, be able to take initiative and be a team player
- Understanding of administrative procedures and functions
- Must be a South African national with fluency in at least one local indigenous South African language.
T o apply
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Data Support Officer and Districts” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 29 July 2020