Pact is helping to build the capacity of South Africa’s Department of Social Development to better support orphans and vulnerable children, including those affected by abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Specifically, the project is strengthening the department’s response to tuberculosis, HIV and other diseases among vulnerable children.
Job Title: NPO Funding Manager
Contract end date: (September 2020)
The NPO Funding Manager will report to the Technical Advisor G2G National Manager. The position will be based in Pretoria. The incumbent will monitor transfer payments and financial performance of the departments funded organizations, entities and special funds.
Minimum Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Monitor compliance with financial prescripts and financial:
- Monitor compliance with PFMA, Treasury Regulations and financial aspects of the MOU
- Provide inputs to the donations register for the department
- Monitor cashflow and facilitate the process for receipt of funds and surrender of unspent funds
- Prepare requisition forms to facilitate transfer of funds by the National Treasury
- Monitor and advice on spending trends to avoid over/under spending.
- Preparation and management of VAT registrations and refunds
- Report on donor fund in the Departments annual report and the National Treasury ODA schedule.
- Prepare financial statements for the donor project as required by the MOU.
- Participate as part of the steering committee for monitoring and providing financial management advice on the overall project.
Managing Transfer Payments Process:
- Take part in the process for shortlisting of NPOs applying for funding
- Conduct due diligence review on organisations applying for funding
- Facilitate compliance with TR and PFMA in the process for appointment
- Provide inputs to SLAs with selected NPOs
- Monitor and facilitate compliance with SLAs by both the funded NPO and the Department
- Monitor utilisation of allocated funds by NPOs by conducting desktop reviews as well as site visits for verification of reported expenditure
- Provide guidance and support to the funded NPOs to improve on control weaknesses
- Provide inputs to departments financial statements and annual report on the appointed NPOs
- Facilitate creation of new NPOs and capturing of the annual budget on BAS budget monitoring
- Review all payments to funded NPOs to avoid irregular expenditure
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- A post graduate degree in Financial Management/ Accounting/ Audit or equivalent
- Completed articles in the field of Financial Management/ Accounting/ Financial Auditing will be an advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial auditing, financial monitoring or financial management.
- Knowledge of government prescripts applicable to transfer payments and donor funding such as PFMA, Treasury Regulations
- Generally Recognized Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Recognized Accounting Principles.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “NPO Funding Manager” to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, 17 January, 2020