Pact, a recognised global leader in international development based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Management of Finance and Operations to implement its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building and Support Programme (GCBS).
The Finance and Operations Director is responsible for overall finance and operations management of the GCBS Program. He / she is a member of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for managing the functions of the Finance and Operations Departments including supervision of staff.
Job Title: Finance & Operations Director
Location: South Africa
Key Performance Areas/responsibilities
- Lead annual financial strategic planning;
- Managing and monitoring procurement policies and systems in line with USAID and Pact Global;
- Financial Management and Leadership;
- External Stakeholder Reporting; (includes financial reporting in accordance with USAID contractual requirements);
- Internal Control Systems Management;
- Staff Supervision and Professional Development;
- Statutory Compliance;
- Managing of Procurement and IT;
- Facilities and Asset Management;
- Administration Support.
Minimum Educational Qualification, Experience and Key Skills:
- Master’s degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Financial Accounting or other relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience;
- 5 years of relevant development financial working experience; experience of working with or in the South African Treasury is preferred;
- 10 years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Working experience and knowledge of Serenic accounting system is preferred;
- Registration with Professional Bodies (CAP; ACCA or SAIPA) will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in team building experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Prior experience building or enhancing financial management capacity of civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated previous experience & skills in developing & presenting and managing large budgets;
- Excellent interpersonal Skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word; Excel; Outlook and Internet);
- A customer service oriented individual with ability to deal with all service providers;
- Excellent written and oral communication and Presentation skills;
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle;
- South African and / or permanent residents are preferred.
Review and shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis until such time as a successful candidate has been identified. CV’s will be accepted beyond this date. Suitable candidates are invited to submit their electronic CVs with the subject line “Finance & Operations Director” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Thursday, 28 November, 2019