The Programme facilitator will implement the DREAMS Let’s Talk programme at site level, provide day-to-day support to AGYW and their Care Givers, and link them to other services through referrals. Programme facilitators will be responsible for referrals of individual AGYWs and their Care Givers across PEPFAR DREAMS partners ensuring that all beneficiaries access comprehensive care package as well as layered interventions provided by partners.
Job Title: DREAMS Programme Facilitators
Location: South Africa
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage local community partners to support identification of possible beneficiaries (AGYW) and their caregivers
- Administer Girl Risk index with participants for identification of AGYW at greatest risk to be supported through the programme
- Facilitate Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Let’s Talk parenting programme for AGYW and their Care Givers
- Roll out of agreed SOP for improved bidirectional referrals, prioritizing:
- Referral to other DREAMS interventions, namely EDC, CCI (Stepping Stones), NACOSA (Impower), FHI360 (Safe Space and Economic Strengthening), Health interventions (WITSRHI)
- Referral to GCBS Comprehensive care package emphasizing referrals to access:
- Sexual Reproductive Health
- HIV risk assessment and testing
- HIV disclosure and adherence support
- Access to education
- Access to social grants
- Response to GBV
- Participate in district DREAMS implementing partner forums for improved implementation, as required by the Supervisor.
- Participate in community meetings with DSD, DOH and local NPOs to strengthen referral systems for the AGYW including implementation of standard operating procedures in support of referrals.
Education and Experience Required
- Social Auxiliary Worker Certificate.
- 1-2 years’ experience within the child protection sector or as a facilitator
- Experience in facilitating similar social behaviour change programmes will be preferrable
- Previous experience working with or within the South African Government, preferably at DSD or similar agency.
- Knowledge of participatory training approaches and methods.
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate people for programme participation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fully computer literacy.
- Must be a South African national with fluency in local language, Sesotho essential, and should also preferably understand English.
- Must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals.
- Valid driver’s license preferrable.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “DREAMS Programme Facilitator and Province”to [email protected]
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: Friday, 16 October, 2020