Pact World, an International NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ an experienced Social Work Service Specialist, to join the USAID- funded Government Capacity Building Support Program (GCBS).
Job Title: Social Work Service Specialist
Location: South Africa
The Social Work Service Specialist provides oversight, mentorship, and supervision services in support of GCBS work plan implementation and target reach for select provinces.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership and oversight for district program team, ensuring program delivery, target reach and supporting implementation.
- Participating in the management and oversite of the design, planning and implementation of GCBS programme activities within allocated districts
- Developing detailed district specific workplans and schedule of deliverable in line with district priorities and priorities within the GCBS workplan
- Proactively monitor progress completion and target reach, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action in relation to district specific work plan
- Supervising GCBS social workers and Health Referral and Linkage teams in their key performance areas and providing routine individual and group work supervision.
- Managing staff performance in line with the prescribed KPAs and GCBS objectives and values.
- Contract management oversight and tracking of deliverables for sub awardees focusing on CALHIV and DREAMS (were required)
- Providing administrative oversight of personnel tracking completion site check lists, timesheets, monthly reports, travel requests, trip reports escalating these to the relevant departments timely
- Producing monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual narrative programme performance reports to their Supervisor as required
- Facilitating monthly program meetings and joint activities with district MERL team to ensure program cohesion and attainment of targets
- Participating in quarterly program performance reviews (Program and MERL) to ensure that interventions are aligned with workplan, all team members clearly understand their roles and expectations and targets are met.
- Liaising with district DSD for roll out of programme activities supporting work plan and embedding GCBS interventions into practice
- Promoting the programme through advocacy, presentations, and participation in district technical forums.
- Partnering with DSP, DoE and DOH (and their designated sub grantees and implementing partners) at district level to establish and oversee the implementation of memorandum of understandings (MOU) to manage beneficiary overlaps, support increased CLHIV reach and roll out of the HTS related guidelines
- Supporting PPM in overseeing subawards for NPOs to support CLHIV target reach
- Facilitating internal and/or external supervisors to provide case work specific supervision to social workers who are providing direct interventions to beneficiaries including CALHIV, AGYW, remote counselling and facilitation of SBC group work interventions
- Supporting the PPM in the roll out and the implementation of SSPs in Department of Social Development Service Points and Department of Social Development funded NPOs the Guideline for Social Service Practitioners
- Trouble shoots programme problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions to ensure smooth programme implementation.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work.
- 5 Years’ experience as a Social worker
- Must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and own car
- Previous experience working with or within the South African Government, preferably at DSD or similar agency;
- Strong interpersonal skills, must have a proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse counterparts;
- Have a valid drivers license
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Social Work Service Specialist” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 31 July 2020
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.