Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Management of Finance Travel, Logistics and Administration (TLA) to implement its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building Programme (GCBS).
Job Title: Finance and TLA Manager
Contract end date: (September 2023)
The Finance & TLA Manager will report to the Finance & Operations Director of Pact. He / She will be responsible to oversee the day to day functions and activities of the Finance and TLA department. The main responsibilities will also be the supervision and management of Finance & TLA Officers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and development of Finance and TLA staff;
- Financial Management;
- Coordinating and managing month-end and year end process;
- Payroll and benefits administration;
- Ensure financial management systems are in line with USAID rules and regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ensure that Pact SA monthly end reports are processed and ready for dispatch to Pact HQ by the 4th working day of every month;
- Work closely with HR to ensure timely submission of payroll input as per agreed deadlines;
- Transfer of funds to salary account and upload of payroll payments on the banking system once payroll reports are approved;
- Tax year-end for Pact and that the IRP5s are processed together with Subsistence letters;
- Statutory compliance and maintaining external stakeholders’ relations including donors.
Minimum Educational Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree or Honors Degree in Financial management, Business Administration, Financial Accounting or another relevant field;
- 5 years of relevant financial working experience;
- 5 years accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, programs;
- Experience in working with International NGO’s will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases;
- Good working knowledge of SAGE VIP and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- A customer service oriented individual with ability to deal with all service providers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be a South African national or SA permanent resident and fluent in speaking English.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Finance and TLA Manager” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Thursday, 20 February, 2020