Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved and is committed to continuing to improve economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The programme manager (PM) for data use and analytics is responsible for managing strategic activities to improve data quality, institutionalise a data use agenda, and lead development of critical analytics to support health programme improvement and decision making. The PM is responsible for leading and overseeing the full life cycle of analytics development including formulation, generation, refinement, and dissemination. In this role, the PM will also lead a variety of engagements with sub-national counterparts to ensure consistent linkage with, and dissemination of information to, sub-national health system actors. Moreover, the PM leads his/her team to support sub-national information systems processes that enable the curation and flow of high-quality data.
The PM is responsible to ensure timely and quality completion of deliverables required under the relevant activity, monitoring progress of the program against the approved work plan, and strategising to work around critical bottlenecks all as directed by the National Department of Health (NDOH). This role is considered a secondment to the NDOH. The PM role will report on technical matters to the NDOH, and on operational matters to the seconding organisation.
Must have South Africa work authorization to apply.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the management and execution of all data utilisation and analytics components of the program, monitor progress, and ensure deliverables are met on time
- Provide all the necessary support to the NDOH to facilitate national level meetings, strategic document preparation and technical support visits
- Assist with the development of systems and processes to collect, analyse, and present data on national program performance and efficiency
- Enable the routine production of both routine and bespoke analytics of TB/HIV data to support enhanced decision making across the South African health system.
Programme responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the data demand and use team and the analytics team to ensure appropriate support and training is offered to support provinces and districts with maintenance and utilisation of the TB/HIV information system
- Oversee and direct sub-national technical support engagements in an effort to institutionalise a data demand and use agenda
- Support and drive curation of a national patient-level TB/HIV data set, as well as support linkage of patient-level data with disparate health-related datasets
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders (internal and external) to present programme information as gathered from routine and bespoke analyses
- Monitor reporting of data, data quality improvement and system maintenance components to preempt challenges and work with the broader team to determine appropriate actions and deploy solutions with sub-national counterparts
- Collaborate with national and sub-national counterparts to envision opportunities for development of analytics that help support day-to-day management and decision making
- Support strategy for integration of advanced analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to improve data quality and utilisation team outputs
- Provide technical oversight in checking the veracity and quality of team outputs
- Drive processes that enable publication of analytics in peer reviewed journals and external events
- Draft high-quality presentations and documents that integrate analytics and a common strategic vision in order to support and enable implementation of THIS-related processes
- Manage the overall team level of effort to ensure delivery of routine and bespoke analytics per commitments made to both internal and external parties
- Oversee and direct service providers to ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of health information system and analytics services as required by the NDOH
- Provide critical, timely, and responsive support to the NDOH on all requests with little oversight
- Must have South Africa work authorization to apply.
- Tertiary level degree in public health, epidemiology, health informatics, biostatistics, or equivalent experience required
- Graduate level degree in public health, or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 7-8 years proven experience in working with and implementing health information systems with increasing levels of responsibility and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of key processes that serve as the foundation of the TB/HIV information system
- Project management experience to lead a team to conceive, plan and execute programs or projects with documented results
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-stress environments with sometimes long and unstructured work hours
- Experience conceptualising, developing, and visualising health information with the aim of supporting or driving strategic interventions in the public health space
- Experience working across various organisations and with various stakeholders to support a public health agenda
- Experience working directly with government preferred
- Strong analytic skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with statistical methods and statistical software
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deal with high-pressure situations
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
Interested candidates please refer to the link below:
Application Deadline: Thursday, 2 July, 2020