Pan Africa ILGA is the African region of the International Lesbian Gay, Bisexual Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA). It gathers over 150 organisations throughout the region working for human rights and equality for LGBTIQ+ people.
Job Title: Intern
The purpose of the position is a 6-month internship (dependent on funding), the intern will be tasked with providing support to the Programmes and Advocacy and Communications functions and the organization in general.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Pan Africa ILGA provides basic remuneration commensurate with the level of an internship in South Africa.
- Support programme implementation by working with Programmes, Advocacy and Communications, and Logistics and Membership functions and civil society partners on activities and reporting;
- Contribute to design and implementation of the programme by providing logistical and administrative support for capacity building workshops and events;
- Support updating of the social media channels, including compiling, drafting and scheduling content and analytics;
- Contribute to identifying opportunities for partnership building and resource mobilization;
- Support other work of the team.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Pan Africa ILGA’s core values;
- Respects individual, gender and cultural differences in dealing with others;
- Treats all people fairly;
- Is organized and meets deadlines;
- AIs able to perform tasks in a collaborative manner.
- Academic background at school leaving level, with further qualifications and skills development in human rights, development, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field is an advantage;
- Experience in drafting advocacy materials and managing of social media and multimedia platforms;
- Proficient writing skills, for a range of different audiences;
- Analytical in thinking, communicating and research;
- Knowledge of issues related to human rights and inclusion of LGBTI people and other marginalized communities in Africa and globally.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
Please forward a short CV and a motivation letter of no more than one page, to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 17 December, 2019