Pan South African Language Board (PanSALB) is a statutory body established in terms of Act 59 of 1995 (as amended) for, inter alia, the creation of conditions for the development and for the promotion of equal use and enjoyment of all the official South African languages.
PanSALB seeks to appoint results-driven, assertive and dedicated individuals to fill the following position at our Organisation.
1. INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: LANGUAGE PRACTITIONER: TSHIVEN’A
Stipend: R5,353.78 to R9,757.56 per month
(Determined according to level of qualification in terms of Remuneration Schedule for Interns in the Public Service)
Location: Limpopo, Polokwane
Requirements: To qualify for the Internship Programme, you must:
• Be an unemployed graduate aged between 20 and 35years
• Have completed a three (3) year National Diploma (NQF 6) or Degree/ Honours/ Master’s Degree in Arts,Language Practice/ Translation and Interpreting and related field of studies from accredited institutions of Higher Learning
• Be a South African citizen
• Not have participated previously in an internship in the Public Service.
The following must be noted:
• Applicants who still need to finish or qualify for the minimum entry (National Diploma) should NOT apply.
• Candidates wishing to apply for the internship outside their region must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning a stipend.
• All appointments are subject to the pre-employment screening.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated PanSALB Application Form, comprehensive CV, supported by certified copies of educational certificates and Identity Document.
- Applications with foreign qualifications must be accompanied by a SAQA evaluation report on the qualification. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in the disqualification of the application. Applications should be hand submitted to 5th Floor Provisus Building, 523 Stanza Bopape Street, Arcadia, 0083 or by post to Private Bag X08, Arcadia, 0007.
- If you have not been contacted within one (1) month of the closing date, kindly deem your application to be unsuccessful.
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates. PanSALB is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representative (race, gender and disability) in PanSALB through the filling of posts.
- Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It will be expected of candidates to be available for interviews on the date and time and at a place as determined by the PanSALB. Appointment of successful candidates will be strictly subject to the result/ outcome of Personnel Suitability Checks. PanSALB reserves the right not to make appointments.
Enquiries: Bongani Mahlangu Tel: (012) 341 9638.
Closing Date: 26 March 2017