We are a recruitment company specialising in IT, telco & Finance with offices in South Africa and the United Kingdom. We are a highly skilled team that endeavors to provide a personal, efficient and value add service. PARVANA is Persian for butterfly. An unusual name for a recruitment agency perhaps, but we like to think it will stick with you next time you think about new opportunities. At Parvana, we pride ourselves on our ability to not only assist our clients who are trying to find the best talent, but to guide and offer advice to our candidates who are looking for a new career. That’s why when any executive or high profile employee is looking for a new career, they head directly to Parvana – and so should you.
Job Title: HR Consultant
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a solid, blue-chip, trusted and large consulting company, which offers the option to be remote or client based. They do work with all staff to define career paths and encourage mentoring as a way of helping pass on skills and knowledge for career advancement. Most of the work is for local and international blue chip clients which offers you the opportunity of gaining diverse industry knowledge without changing jobs.
- Provide timely responses to internal and external HR-related enquiries or requests.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding processes for employees.
- Collaborate with external vendors, including IT service providers, medical aid brokers, legislative reporting bodies, and training providers.
- Assist with payroll input and provide support during audits conducted by the Finance team.
- Perform various administrative duties such as maintaining employee records, staff lists, monthly HR reports, and handling tasks such as long service awards, newsletter input, and other ad hoc duties.
- Prepare employment equity and skills development reports as required by the HR Manager.
- Schedule and coordinate the BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) audit, including populating the BEE spreadsheet, preparing the audit file, liaising with stakeholders, and addressing queries.
- Facilitate the implementation of internships and learnerships, ensuring all necessary documentation is collected and available for auditing purposes.
- Coordinate the implementation of bursaries for disabled students.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety matters within the company.
Relevant Qualifications / Experience:
- Preferably holds an HR-related qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Registration with the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP) is advantageous.
- Advanced computer literacy skills, particularly in MS Office.
- Familiarity with SAGE 300 People software is advantageous.
- Ability to function as a generalist, demonstrating organisational skills and quick thinking.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, while also being an effective team member within and across teams.
- Possesses a strong drive, commitment, persistence, and resilience.
- Skilled in building strong relationships with staff and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail in work tasks.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits good organisational and time management abilities.
Application Deadline: August 01 2023
PS: Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you.