PATA, a South African NGO, coordinates an action network across sub-Saharan Africa, working with health providers and health facilities to improve the quality of paediatric and adolescent HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
PATA offers a powerful platform for regional collaboration through capacity building, peer-to-peer exchange and learning forums, supporting quality improvement to effect positive change in HIV paediatric and adolescent policy and practice.
Job Title: M&E data capturer
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to maintain the organization’s database by entering new and updated programme and organisational data.
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- Ensure M&E unit receives all M&E and other reporting forms when due and follow up where there are missing data reporting forms.
- Ensure accurate, timeous data entry into databases.
- Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors.
- Identify and communicate any issues that are delaying progress in a timely manner.
- Assist in the analysis of data in programmes for use in donor deliverables (e.g. performance monitoring and quarterly and annual reports), grant proposals, and research outputs.
- Assist in meeting donor reporting deadlines.
- Maintain filing system to ensure secure and organised storage of completed data collection tools and other related M&E documents.
- Maintain databases.
- Assist with the development of new M&E data systems and participate in the design, revision and standardisation of data collection templates, processes, formats, reports and administration.
- An undergraduate degree in public health, social science or relevant discipline.
- M&E data management and statistics short courses or coursework advantageous.
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience in the health/development sector required, preferable within an HIV-focussed project or study.
- Data capturing or data administration experience.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel).
- Working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets such as Excel.
- Fast and accurate data capturing and entry skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic filing and record keeping experience.
- Willing and able to travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must be in possession of permanent residency and eligible to work in South Africa.
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
Please email a concise CV with contactable references and a detailed motivation letter on how your skills and experience will add value to our team in this role to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 25 September, 2019