Posted on :
31 May, 2016
31 May, 2016
With over two decades of expert knowledge and experience as information management specialists, PBT is a recognised leader in Business Intelligence and data warehousing and has extended its competency base to cover data quality and advanced analytics.
We pride ourselves to be a company who attracts, recruits and retains consultants of an exceptional calibre, not only within BI, but also within focused areas of Application Development.
We have worked in more than 25 countries around the world and are currently implementing large-scale projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
– Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
– Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
– Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
– Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
– Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
– Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
– Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
– Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
– Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
– Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
– Assist Data Modellers to draw up detailed data models.
– Assist ETL Analysts to draw up data cleansing specifications.
– Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
– Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
– Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
– Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
– Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
– Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
– Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
– Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
– Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
– Work with modelling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
– Responsible for the support and analysis of current and new business requirements with the focus on meeting the relevant business objectives. The individual will be responsible to operate within both support and project environments.
– Analyse the business environment related to the past, present and future.
– Work with Project Manager to assist with the estimation and planning of activities.
– Document requirements, including KPI’s, measures, reporting and business dimensions, business processes, data modelling requirements, interface layouts, data flows, screen and report layouts, etc.
– Investigate and define requirements for business processes and the documentation thereof.
– Formulate strategies and guidelines to improve the business environment.
– Analyse existing business processes to determine problems, risks and opportunities for improvement.
– Facilitate the implementation of new / enhanced processes.
– Review processes on an on-going basis and conduct process audits.
– Render support to and facilitate sessions with end-users.
– Work closely with the Solution Architects and Data Modellers to design and implement the best possible solution within the limits of the tools available.
– System and user acceptance testing.
– Provide input to Quality Assurance.
– Business assistance during implementation.
– Provide input for user training.