The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of 5 main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and community.
Job Title: FACET Mobile Book Library Programme Coordinator
Job Location: Stellenbosch
The Mobile Book Library Programme Coordinator will be responsible for managing one of our FACET mobile learning centres/vehicles, as part of our Mobile Library Programme.
Management of the FACET Mobile Book Library and Resources
- Participate in the setting up of systems/procedures for managing the Mobile Book Library: basic equipment, computer systems, itemising and creating inventories for equipment and relevant paperwork
- Purchase all computer equipment and software for the programme according to budget and maintain software and equipment in good, clean, working order
- Update and maintain the tracking system for the games, books and DVDs in order to prevent losses
- To purchase all books, games and DVDs for the library according to budget and maintain games, books and DVDs in good, clean, working order
- Visit After-School Clubs on a regular basis to provide access to the children at these centres
- Visit 10 farms on a fortnightly basis so that each of the ASC children are able to take out books and games on a bimonthly basis
- Allow the parents of the children on the 10 farms to take out books and games, where possible
- Ensure that all games, books and DVDs are returned in good and complete order, and to contact parents if this is not the case
- Arrange for repair or maintenance of games and books as required
- Manage the FACET Library budget
- Liaise with other organisations relating to mobile libraries and to stay abreast of new legislation, guidelines and recommendations
- Report back to CEO, trustees and funders on a quarterly basis with photographs
Management of the Mobile Book Library Vehicle
- Manage the maintenance of the FACET mobile library vehicle, to ensure vehicle is kept in good working order, arrange services, repairs, maintenance, insurance and tracking device as well as filling up the vehicle
- Inform the FACET Ops Manager immediately of any damage to the vehicle, in order for the Ops Manager to make the necessary arrangements with the insurance
- Arrange for the repair or maintenance of equipment as required
- Offer ASC staff training regarding use and rules of the Mobile Library
- Train parents about the Mobile Library, it’s role and purpose in the education of their child
- Train the ASC children on the use of the games that are placed in the Mobile Library
Management of the Pebbles Project ECD and ASC Library System
- Take overall responsibility for the Pebbles Project ECD and ASC library system
- Participate in the setting up of systems / procedures for managing the ECD and ASC libraries; basic stationery, computer systems, itemising and creating inventories of books as well as other relevant paperwork
- Establish a tracking system for the books and to maintain this system in order to prevent losses
- Ensure that all the ECD centres and ASC’s have access to reading books
- Liaise with the Provincial Library Services regarding the Library Service books on loan to the Pebbles Project
- Provide guidance on the use of computerised loaning systems for the ECD toy library
Management of the Puppet Show
- Design and build or procure puppets and props to facilitate live performance of the puppet show.
- Write or obtain scripts for the performance.
- Deliver a strong story to captivate audiences.
- Give voice to the puppets in a credible and entertaining way.
- Organise bookings for the puppet roadshow or theatre, and deliver on deadlines and promises.
- A degree in Education or Library Management OR currently completing Degree
- Minimum of three to years’ teaching experience essential
- Be fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Be fully computer literate
- Have clean driving licence and own car
- Must be prepared to obtain a Code 10 driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and as part of our great team
- Ability to work flexible hours, some weekends and evenings occasionally
- Attention to detail, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines to successfully deliver a diversity of objectives and demands
- Available five days per week from 9:00 to 18:00
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Angela du Plessis at [email protected]
If you are not invited for an interview by 6 July 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Employment Equity candidates will be given preference for this position.
The Pebbles Project reserves the right to not fill this position.
Application deadline: 29th June, 2018.