Penny Appeal South Africa is seeking a Donor Relations Officer. Your excellent customer service skills, and ability to interact professionally and enthusiastically secures you this position. If you’re keen on joining a rapidly expanding and fast paced organisation, then consider applying to join the Penny Appeal South Africa team!
Job Title: Donor Relations Officer
Location: South Africa
The Donor Relations Officer is responsible for managing all communication with donors, as well as maintaining the donor database for the organisation. This function ensures that all communication to and from donors is effectively managed, an attended to in a professional manner in line with internal processes and requirements.
- Filing and receipting and database maintenance of all donations in cash or kind
- Monitoring and reporting on monthly donation activity to finance and management
- Supporting and assisting with appeals and donor relations at events
- Working with other departments to deliver an effective and efficient response to donor enquiries
- Maintain internal CRM systems, and ensure maximum usage of the internal system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines with effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – phone, email and face-to-face
- Proactive, organised and willing to take on initiative and responsibility
- Displays high energy and able to motivate self, with a positive, can-do and resilient attitude.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Results-orientated with a strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure work is completed in the expected timelines at high levels of quality
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and Salesforce (preferred)
- Experience of working within a Call Centre or customer service industry
Suitable candidates are required to submit a CV, with a letter of motivation to [email protected] before the closing date stipulated.
Application Deadline: Friday, 18 December, 2020