People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA) is a women’s rights organisation that aims to create space for women to enjoy their fundamental human rights in a free and safe environment.
Job Title: Media Officer
- Represent the organization and interact with all media houses
- Maintaining a positive image about the organisation
- Responding to the enquiries and gaining publicity through dissemination of information to the members of the press
- writing press releases and media statements
- Acting as spokesperson for the organisation
- Fulfilling PR obligations and engaging with social media on POWA activities
- Identifying brand, threat and engaging influencers
- Regular updating of POWA website, twitter, Instagram and other forms of social media
- Engaging different forms of media houses and updating POWA news and events
- Developing marketing strategy for POWA
- Increase POWA visibility and access to its clientele
- Assist in developing and editing of annual reports Skills needed
- Writing skills
- Content developer
- Social Media
- Excellent speaking skills
- Use of technology and software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- 5 years or more in the entertainment industry, radio and Television, matric with extensive experience in social media and advocating for the rights of victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Journalism or media studies qualification will be an added advantage. 5 years and more experience in dealing with gender based violence.
Interested candidates can forward their applications (CV and 1 page motivational letter) to [email protected], salary negotiable.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 22 March, 2020