Posted on :
24 Feb, 2014
24 Feb, 2014
Reference Number: DOTP 8/2014
Provincial Government Job
Core Title: Personal Assistant (2 positions available)
Component: 1 position available at Internal Audit and 1 position available at Corporate Assurance, Cape Town
Reference number: DOTP 8/2014
Render secretarial and administrative support to the relevant Manager.
• A Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification) – NQF 4;
• An appropriate Secretarial Diploma (or equivalent qualification);
• A minimum of 3 years appropriate experience in rendering a support service to Management.
Key performance areas:
• Provide a secretarial/ receptionist support service to the Director;
• Development of concept letters, memos and notices;
• Management of the diary and meeting coordination;
• Render office administrative support services inclusive of the procurement of goods and services;
• Provide logistical support i.r.o meetings and travelling arrangements;
• Support the Manager with the administration of the budget;
• Keep up to date with regard to policies and prescripts applicable to work terrain.
• Ability to run and maintain a record management system, and proficiency with the Microsoft packages – Word; Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent interpersonal relations and professionalism, customer services orientation and an effective team member;
• Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, presenting information and facts in a logical manner, using appropriate phrasing and vocabulary. Communicates with others honestly, respectfully, and sensitively;
• Ability to coordinate and schedule activities in a complex environment (plan activities, basic research and sound judgment);
• Ability to develop and write submissions, properly record minutes and decisions at meetings – writes clearly, using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 170 799 – R 201 195 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 7
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2014 @ 16h00
ENQUIRIES: Mr J Radebe at (021) 483 8299 or Ms H Robson at (021) 483 6276
Salary R 170 799 – R 201 195 per annum
Closing Date 2014-02-28