Posted on :
25 Aug, 2021
25 Aug, 2021
Personal Trust is a client-focused Trust and Investment Management company providing financial planning and investment advice and services to clients planning for, or already in their retirement years.
Personal Trust offers a full range of financial services including: Investment & Portfolio Management, Offshore Financial Services, Trustee Services, Retirement Planning, Local & Offshore Money Market, Estate Planning, Tax Services and Wills.
Job Title: Tax Compliance Officer
Location: Rondebosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: Estates001
Contract Type: Permanent
This vacancy is in the Fiduciary services team, at our offices in Rondebosch. This role is responsible for individual income tax, Estates- and related tax compliance support for the Estates team. Role is ideally suited to applicants with previous income tax computation experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in this area.
•Completion of return of income, including submission of return to receiver, and calculations of tax payments and ensuring execution of same
• Timeous data capture of all relevant data on tax management and accounting tools
• Check assessments and follow-up on errors
• Raise objections to assessments, and attend to enquiries raised by SARS
• Request and remit payments and attend to client refunds from SARS
• Provide an advisory service w.r.t. tax matters in relations to Estates, as well as income tax for individuals
• Liaison with internal and external clients, as needed
• Internal client liaison: timeous response to attending to and resolving all queries; regular and ongoing feedback relating to progress and confirmation of finalisation of matters to internal clients
Application Deadline: 07/09/2021