Post title: Personnel Officer (HRM) (1 post)
Level of remuneration: R123 738.00 per annum
Component: PPS: Durban: KwaZulu-Natal
Ref: PPS 42/14
*Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;*Be in possession of Senior
Certificate (Grade 12);*Two (2) years appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well as
the successful completion of relevant courses will serve as an advantage;*Fluency in at least two official
languages, of which one must be English;*Must have no previous convictions or cases pending and be
able to render at least ten (10) years of pensionable service.
Co-ordinate all HRM related matters.
Support the administrative duties in terms of all Employee relation and Life Cycle Management.
Support the administrative duties in terms of all Human Resource Utilization Functions.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license (where applicable).
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is: 2014-11-24.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related
- Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear
in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register,will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the
- Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Applications and enquiries can be directed to Col PN Manana/ Major Mokhonoana GP 43, Maupa Naga Building, 3 Cnr Park & Troy Street, Sunnyside or Major Mkhize 446 Vusi Mzimela Road, Cato Manor, Durban.
Applicants are advised to send in applications via courier service or hand deliver them due to the current Post Office strike.
Tel. (012) 400 5310 / 6387 or (031) 203 7329.
Please forward applications to:
Col PN Manana / Major Mokhonoana
Presidential Protection Service
Private Bag X272