We are an online publication, looking to hire two intern Journalists. The internship is for a period of three months, from April to June 2018.
Write between 15 and 20 reports a day, sourced from press releases, social media, online data sources, and audio transcripts (which you must transcribe).
Frontline proofreading and editing, for your own content and content, are written by others.
- Please note that is not your typical 9 to 5 role, and you will on several occasions need to start work early or end the day late to meet deadlines.
- Please do not apply for this role if you are looking for a ‘work-life balance’ or if you are a veritable ‘clock watcher’.
- The position is full-time, and will not entertain special work-arrangement requests.
- This role is best suited for a recent and inexperienced graduate looking to immerse themselves in the world of digital journalism and online publishing.
- A degree – does not have to be journalism.
- Very strong English language skills; you must be able to write and edit competently.
- Versatility – the ability to write across various subjects and topics, including politics, entertainment, fashion, breaking news and sport.
- Your own laptop, reliable and unlimited internet (4G or Fibre), as this is a work from home role.
- Stability and reliability under pressure, and a consistency in the kind and quality of work produced.
- Ability to work with very little guidance and supervision.
- Computer literacy – ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications.
- Superior online research skills.
- An interest in writing, journalism and current affairs.
- Can start working with us immediately, with little notice
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful