Political Economy Southern Africa (PESA) is a political economy think tank focused on regional integration in the South African Development Community (SADC) region and Africa more broadly.
Job Title: Regional Analysts [5 Positions]
Job Location: Gauteng
PESA Regional Analysts contribute current affairs and analysis to reports covering different aspects of regional integration, country analysis, sector analysis, and policy or government developments across SADC. Research by Regional Analysts covers all SADC countries which includes: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. PESA work also expands beyond SADC to include Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
Core duties will include, but not limited to, contributing towards PESA Editorials and conducting political economy reviews across various sectors and different topics related to regional integration in SADC. PESA gives preference to candidates based in Gauteng.
- Monitor and conduct research on at least three PESA focal countries as part of PESA Economic Research agenda
- Assess political economy developments and progress toward achieving regional integration goals within the PESA focal countries
- Participate and facilitate ad hoc public and media engagements as part of PESA’s Public Policy and Advocacy agenda
- Represent PESA in discussions about SADC and Africa-wide political economy developments, regional integration or related topics
- Participate and facilitate in PESA special projects
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a development / economic research / international relations and politics / policy environment
- Knowledge or experience in economics, politics, international relations, development studies, history or development economics
- Knowledge and experience in research or keen interest in multilateral political institutions like SADC, AU, EAC, COMESA etc
- Undergraduate degree in economics, development studies, international relations, history, politics or public policy administration
- Postgraduate degree in economics, development economics or development theory and policy will serve as an added advantage
To apply, submit your application online via the PESA website here
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2018