Political Economy Southern Africa (PESA) is a political economy think tank focused on regional integration in the South African Development Community (SADC) region and Africa more broadly.
Job Title: Editing and Research Specialists [3 Positions]
PESA Editing and Research Specialists contribute editing, professional writing and general research quality assurance.
Core duties will include, but not limited to, editing all PESA Economic Research outputs; professional writing and editing services for commissioned research; general quality assurance for all PESA publications; and professional writing capacity-building. PESA gives preference to candidates based in Gauteng, South Africa.
- Assist with editing and quality assurance on all PESA Economic Research publications, i.e. PESA Editorials and the PESA Regional Integration Monitor
- Evaluate argumentation and coherence of all PESA publications
- Evaluate the professional writing and research skills needs within PESA
- Assist with all internal professional writing and research capacity building programmes
- Participate and facilitate in PESA special projects
- Minimum of four years’ experience within a development/policy / professional writing environment
- Knowledge and experience in communications, copywriting or research
- Knowledge or experience in economics, politics, international relations, development studies, history or development economics
- Basic knowledge and experience in research or keen interest in multilateral political institutions like SADC, AU, EAC, COMESA etc
- Postgraduate degree in communications, development studies, economics, history, international relations, politics or public policy administration
- A master’s degree in development economics, development theory and policy or economics will serve as an added advantage
To apply, submit your application online via the PESA website here
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2018