Population Services International (PSI) is an international NGO network operating in over 50 countries. PSI in South Africa currently concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS with the view to strategically expand to other public health areas.
As part of its HIV/AIDS control efforts, PSI is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change concerning consistent condom use, HIV testing, and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Temporary Head of Operations
Location: PSI’s Head Office in Gauteng (with some flexibility to work from home)
Contract Duration: (4-month contract)
The Head of Operations will come on board for a 4 month period to supervise fleet, facilities, assets and manage risk & security to ensure efficient and cost-effective procedures within the PSI HQ guidelines. The job exists to set up and facilitate a conducive, safe and secure working environment for staff, property and assets. The incumbent will be an effective communicator able to interact effectively with everyone in the workplace as well as service providers, public officials and colleagues.
Key responsibilities for this exciting and challenging position include:
- Ensuring that vehicles (vehicles, caravans, trailers and motor bikes) are serviced/repaired, licenced, insured, roadworthy and have the standard tools and accessories required by the traffic regulatory bodies
- Identifying and negotiating for the best office/warehouse space at the best rental per square meter, best location and best property conditions within the given budget
- Identifying the organisation’s insurance needs based on program requirements
- Ensuring that assets, staff and Board Directors are insured through insurance policies
- Identifying security needs at all rented premises and recommend the best and cost-effective solution (physical security, electronic security or a combination of both).
- Providing inputs for fleet, assets and services into the budget and monitor & report on expenditure
- Compiling a monthly mobile phone usage schedule for the Executive Team for recovery of any excess to allocated mobile phone costs and submit same to payroll for recovery
- Overseeing preparation of monthly inventory reports and variance analysis
- Facilitating unscheduled and scheduled repairs and maintenance of office equipment (copiers, aircons, vacuum cleaners etc.) across the country platforms
- Receiving requests of employees to be vetted from the Human Resources department through a memo, to conduct background checks as and when required
- Maintaining the security electronic systems to make sure they are working efficiently and serviced regularly by the system vendors
The Head of Operations must be a strong individual who possesses and is be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Post graduate qualifications in Operations Management / Business Management/ Project Management
- At least five years’ senior management experience in a similar role
- Ideally previous experience working in an organisation funded by PEPFAR, USAID or the Global Fund
- Demonstrated successful development of cohesive teams and growing the professional capacities of team members
- Measured and appropriate judgment, flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks
- Must be democratic, responsive, accountable, diplomatic and transparent in all his/ her actions.
- Experienced in risk management
- The ideal candidate should be able to think creatively and laterally and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate humility, willingness to listen and learn in the company of colleagues, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent, writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Be willing to undertake frequent travel as required
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and complete the AA bio summary form in MS word format to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 06th December 2019