Posted on :
11 Jun, 2012
Accountable for the effective and efficient management of sales activities and staff in order to achieve regional revenue budgets and profitability.
Manage the Sales Activities
· Identify potential customers and selling opportunities by using various marketing tools, on a continual basis.
· Responsible for the development of sales forecasts and management of targets, by using various management, financial and marketing tools, on a continual basis.
· Grow the client base by ensuring that CFG products and services are offered to both existing and new clients.
· Design and implement sales plans within which subordinates can work to gain a greater client base, on an annual basis. Make changes to the plans throughout the year if necessary, by monitoring the needs of customers and the sales force.
· Draw up the Sales budget, using income and expenditure forecasts, for the region. This must then be submitted to the General Manager: Sales, on an annual basis. Any suggested corrections must then be applied for final approval to be gained.
· Manage the Sales Budget effectively, by ensuring that over spending does not occur. This must be done by using relevant financial tools such as analysing monthly actuals vs. budgets and ratios, as well as ensuring that expenditure is relevant and complies with the overall Sales Budget.
· Manage entire sales projects.
Effective Management of Subordinates
· Daily and weekly supervision of subordinates, through informal and formal discussions
· Management of subordinate performance through implementing the Performance Management System.
· Conduct needs analysis discussions based on Performance Appraisals to determine subordinates training needs
· Empower, coach and mentor subordinates.
· Selection of competent Sales Force, by adhering to the companies policies and procedures in this regard, in accordance with the Sales Force Needs for the Region, on an ad hoc basis.
· Effective management of the Sales staff.
· Apply overall human resources management principles.
Ensure efficient management of function in accordance with the stipulations of the PFMA, fraud prevention and risk management principles, legislation, agreements, company policies, practices, procedures, regulations, etc.
Job Requirement,Skills & Knowledge
· Degree/ Diploma – Commercial or Marketing or NQF 6
· Valid code 08 Driver’s License
· 5 – 8 years Sales Experience
· Computer Literate: MS Office package
Industry knowledge, Products and services, Knowledge policies, procedures, standards and Knowledge of Labour Relations and associated legislation
Equity Policy The South African Post Office is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability.