PPL Mine Vacancies
- ·Sharpen DTH and threaded button bits.
- ·Open and repair DTH hammers.
- ·Stock control and correct reporting of grinding wheels and cups used.
- ·Record equipment repaired/sharpened daily in a control book.
- ·Assist customers in loading hammers, bits and rods.
- ·Ensure grinding machines and other equipment are kept in good working order.
- ·Ensure good housekeeping principals are maintained in and around the warehouse.
- ·Stack discarded equipment properly for later removal.
- ·Assist administration ladies in receiving of stock into the warehouse.
- ·Pack the new and refurbished equipment on the correct shelf in the warehouse.
- ·Reports to the Technical Representative in charge of the warehouse on daily activities as well as to the administration ladies.
- ·Ensure that all tools and storage areas are properly locked at the end of shift.
- ·Takes corrective action to rectify incorrect sharpening due to faulty equipment.
- ·Ensure safety equipment in use whilst operating machinery.
- ·Identify problematic areas.
- ·Will carry out any other function or duty as may be required in terms of “The Way We Do Things”.
Previous experience with drilling equipment and mining will be advantageous.
Knowledge required through experience in the relevant field
Red ticket and must pass a medical to work on the mine site
·Good / sound interpersonal / customer relations to be maintained at all times.
·Ability to read and write.
·Able to work with minimum supervision.
·Good communication skills and customer focused.
Country and city description:
This Position is based at PPL Mine, Potgietersrus
Reference ID: RNEL-98D9FZ
Functional area: Service
Country of service: South Africa
Company name: Atlas Copco South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Personnel manager: Lindy Raynard
Phone: 011 821 9436
Send Application To: [email protected]
Last date to apply: 2013-06-21