Praekelt leverages mobile technology to deliver essential information and vital services to improve the health and wellbeing of more than 100 million people in over 54 countries. Partnering with governments, NGOs and social enterprises, we provide our users with information, inspiration, and access.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Location: South Africa
- Act as a business owner for the Maternal Health / ECD Portfolio and primary point of contact at a senior management level for all your clients
- Understand the Maternal Health / ECD space and Praekelt positioning within this, and continue to update this knowledge as our work progresses – look for opportunities which provide space for Praekelt to partner with the appropriate NGO’s and funders to digital breakthroughs which impact people’s lives
- Work with the Service Design team to set the vision/goals for each new project, based on user behaviour and research and devise a long-term strategy to ensure this is achieved
- Understand the relevant technologies – a deep technical background is not necessary but you need to be able to match our expertise with the Client’s needs
- Build and nurture the Praekelt Client relationship, ensuring you have the flair and professionalism needed to push the client in the right direction as well as ensuring you build the client’s trust through effective communications and delivering to their expectations
- Ensure that the necessary financial procedures are being followed by the team to ensure that revenue is booked and received timeously and that budgets are spent effectively and in line with contractual requirements
- Ensure the right team members are working on the Maternal Health / ECD Portfolio projects, product knowledge is accessible to all team members and long-term capacity is effectively managed and planned for
- Due diligence on programmes, ensure reports are sent timeously and that we have covered our contractual requirements
- Take pride in delivering exceptional solutions for your clients
- Manage the scheduling of work on all Maternal Health / ECD projects, both with internal and external partners and team members, to ensure that projects are delivered according to schedule. This includes the production and management of timelines and the communication of those timelines to our teams as well as to clients
- Assist the Business Development and Comms team to promote Praekelt work and attract new business
- Work with the other Portfolio Leads to team share learnings and “best practise” as well as supporting team members in different locations
- Work with the Operations Committee to ensure delivery of all projects in terms of contractual agreements, budget and timelines
- Strategy and Direction, Lead the strategic direction for your Clients, in order to ensure that they are at the forefront of digital innovation, whilst ensuring their current goals and objectives are translated effectively into a cohesive digital solution.
- Financial Oversight, Ensure efficient financial management of the portfolio – working with Business Development to ensure that income is secured and that budgets are allocated effectively across all projects
- Delivery Management, Build and mentor the programme team, ensuring we deliver against contracted requirements, planning ahead to ensure sufficient team capacity to deliver on client expectations
- A relevant Postgraduate qualification, with a Masters in Public Health a benefit
- Minimum of three to five years of programme management experience in a relevant setting (not-for-profit, development, health, etc)
- Strong financial management experience in ensuring projects are delivered within budget
- Experience in managing a team, with a focus on servant leadership and the ability to be assertive when required
- Ability to communicate effectively and bridge communication gaps when they occur
- Adeptness in conflict resolution and situational awareness. Ability to keep calm and think clearly in a range of situations is key.
- Comfort and experience working with distributed teams
- Strong networking skills with some experience in business development a benefit
To apply, submit CV to [email protected]
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2018