Posted on :
21 Dec, 2020
21 Dec, 2020
Premiere in support of the National Health Laboratory COVID19 activities in collaboration with the Centres of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ministry of Health and Wellness is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and experienced person for the following role for this project on temporary basis effective from date of assumption of duty to 30 September 2021.
The Medical Scientific Officer will coordinate inventory management to ensure timely reporting and sustained availability of quality COVID-19 laboratory products in National Health Laboratory (NHL) and Covid-19 Testing Laboratories and Sites.
Job Title: Medical Scientific Officer I (Laboratory Logistics and Commodities)
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Reference: # MSOI(LLC)
Contract Type: Contract 9 Months
Salary: P 100.00 – 101.00 Monthly
KEY PERFOMANCE AREA
1. The officer will support National Health Laboratory (NHL) in distribution of test kits and testing materials to sites.
2. Liaise with Central Medical Stores (CMS) and other procuring entities.
3. Manage all supplies related to COVID-19 testing.
4. Capture consumption data on bin cards for inventory control.
5. Advice management on all supplies needs.
6. Ensure all testing facilities have all needed supplies.
7. Coordinate the facility level laboratory supply chain and logistics management activities.
8. Support facilities on proper stock management and calculation (Stock cards) for all laboratory products.
9. Participate in any other related duties as directed by the management.
10.Compile Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS).
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent plus training in Procurement / Supply Chain Management. Candidates should be registered with Botswana Health Professional Council.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four (4) years work experience in the Laboratory field of which one (1) year should be served as a logistician / commodities officer in the laboratory environment.
Application Deadline: 08/01/2021