Posted on :
15 Nov, 2013
Job Qualifications Needed:
BSc (Mining Engineering).
Mine Managers Certificate of Competency (preferable)
Professional Registration Pr Eng.
Years of Experience
A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience post graduation
Type of Experience
On-mine experience to at least middle management level.
Exposure to engineering study work.
Participation in Life of Mine Planning process
Experience in mining software packages (e.g. GEMS, Whittle, Datamine, Mine 2 4D) is preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and organise multi-disciplinary teams to conduct, due diligence, concept-, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies;
• Communicate and liaise with clients to ensure project alignment with client
• Lead and organise technical teams in carrying out these studies, including site visits
to mines and projects worldwide;
• Compile, with the aid of others, proposals and technical reports;
• Control project performance through budgeting, invoicing and monthly project status
• Maintain current clients and expanding client network through personal contacts;
• Compile, with the aid of multi- disciplinary teams, Competent Person and Independent Engineers Reports.
|Job Type Classification||Permanent Contract|
|Location – Town / City||Johannesburg|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Country||South Africa|