Prodigy Finance is looking for an experienced Finance Business Analyst to work with our CFO. You will enjoy a varied, commercial and technical role with an emphasis on project work. This role will be fast paced and see you juggling and delivering on projects within a broad scope. The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to ensure our Finance team collaborates with other aspects of the business to drive our growth.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with everyone in the business around the world on a regular basis. Being an organisation that’s passionate about education, we place a high value on learning and personal growth, so you’ll have time to learn new skills in work time and at the company’s expense. One of our goals is to build one of the top Fintech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential, and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you’re learning from some of the best brains in Fintech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast growing young company. No kidding – 4x growth. Happening right now!
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work).
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop.
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed Fintech startup, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise.
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world.
- Receive a competitive salary, and share options in the company. Since you will be playing a key role in making us successful, it is only right that you share in the rewards of our success.
- Enjoy healthy snacks and team lunches once a week, drinks together as a company, legendary team events and weekly yoga sessions.
What you will do in the role
You will help drive the business with your analysis and insight – whilst making sure that internally our controls and processes are robust and providing accurate reports.
The finance team is small (4 people) and tight-knit. Working closely as part of the group, this role requires you to be a senior but hands-on team player. We are already very international, with multiple entities, which means that our reporting and regulatory framework is complex. You will work closely with the CFO and Strategy team to provide financial & technical input across multiple projects, as well as working alongside the financial manager with the roll-out of reporting processes post-completion of funding transactions.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Reporting to the CFO you will lead the way in the implementation of various finance initiatives from identifying projects through to delivery
- Analyse the impact of proposed changes on the business and develop and implement the end to end solution, working with the wider business to ensure successful implementation
- Manage communication flow between all stakeholders – collaborating with Department Heads, acting as the Financial champion for projects with a cross departmental impact
- Play a pivotal role in the standardisation of processes and systems by understanding and defining best practice -responsible for analysing and managing the improvement of operational processes and systems.
- Provide general financial and technical knowledge support to colleagues both within Finance and across other functions
- Development and management of sophisticated financial models that assist both Finance and Executive team in better decision making
Examples of projects could include:
- Manage the roll-out of a real-time metrics project with the support of CFO and data warehouse team.
- Provide support to our Capital Markets team on debt funding transactions and ensure that all post-completion operational and reporting processes are in place prior to launch
- Undertake a cost-benefit analysis of the outsourcing of certain operations on behalf of COO, and manage supplier negotiations together with the Head of Operations
- Verify the accuracy of calculations performed within our student loan management software, and provide financial input on systems improvements.
- Manage the financial & legal components of the roll-out of geographic expansion, including working with the Legal team on credit licencing & other regulatory issues.
- Refine the bond pricing model for investment valuations, pulling in whatever technical & financial markets resources are required.