Posted on :
22 Jun, 2016
22 Jun, 2016
Biovac is a proudly South African company established in 2003 as a Public Private Partnership to revive strategically-significant vaccine development and manufacturing capability in South Africa. The on-going shortage of vaccine and biological manufacturing capability on the continent drives our determination and vision to become a centre of excellence firmly rooted in Africa.
The Key Performance Areas for this position include:
· To ensure that the shared services goals within the Production department are achieved at the required quality levels With regards to facility cleaning and upkeep.
· Ensure undisrupted, punctual and safe operation of staff involved in the specialized cleaning of the graded area to ensure that areas are ready for manufacturing activities.
· Achieving / maintaining of the facilities and processes in full compliance with the current regulations and guidelines – both local and international.
· Participation in quality audits. .
· Ensures compliance in accordance with Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965, Pharmacy Act 53 of 1974, and the organizations policies, procedures and other applicable laws
Duties and responsibilities
Experience & industry knowledge
· Diploma in Biotechnology/ Sciences or equivalent
· 2 years’ experience in e.g. vaccine / biotech / pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
· 2 years Supervisory experience in cGMP vaccine manufacturing / quality control or similar position
· Quality and regulatory compliance knowledge, i.e. MCC and WHO would be an advantage.
· Experience quality and regulatory compliance knowledge, i.e. MCC and WHO would be advantageous.
· Possible Shift working
· Own reliable transport would be an advantage.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
How to apply
Interested persons to kindly submit their CV’s to [email protected] by 31 July 2016
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business