AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing and directing patient care.
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g., change in condition, refill requests, patient incidents).
- Asesses and Triages patients.
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity of care.
- Maintains compliance with Nursing Council of South Africa, and other regulatory agencies, statutes and standards.
- Conducts nursing care in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
- Provides education to patient and patient’s personal support system in areas such as disease management, safe sex, etc.
- Complies with safety standards and infection control standards.
- Promotes teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting.
- Participates in nursing staff orientation and serves as a clinical resource.
- Exercises appropriate judgement and good decision-making skills.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary (i.e., assisting the nursing staff at times of critical need, attendance at all assigned committees).
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an accredited RN program.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council
Other Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations.
- Strong clinical nursing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy and intravenous insertion, care and therapy.
- Fluent in conversational Zulu preferred.