Posted on :
29 Nov, 2013
29 Nov, 2013
Apps and the Web are convenient ways for users to consume content and complete tasks: whereas apps offer a superior user experience, they often lack the scale and reach of the Web. At AMP (Apps, Media and Publishing) – a group which owns the critically acclaimed Windows Bing Apps and MSN portals worldwide – we are looking to combine the UX advantage of Bing Apps with the reach advantage of MSN in designing the next generation of our products. Our goal in international markets is a best-in-category user experience for each of our information verticals – across all device form factors – that in turn will lead to growth in each market’s user base, engagement and monetization potential (including partner RoI). We are looking for a PM to own these responsibilities for South Africa.
Join us at this exciting time as we fuse the best of app and Web to impact the lives of millions of users.
• Own the local product
• Be the voice of the local user
• Be a keen student of local trends and competition; identify opportunities to continually enhance product value as seen by users, partners (partner RoI) and the business
• Recommend and drive product improvements in the form of clear and targeted UX, feature and content requirements relevant to the local market
• Work with Editorial, the local Executive Producer (EP), and business development to acquire and program content relevant to the local market
• Work with product teams to develop locally relevant services and features
• Understand AMP strategy and drive this forward in the local market
Microsoft Competencies Required:
• Influencing for Impact (Adapts style to most effectively engage and influence)
• Customer Focus (Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience)
• Cross-Boundary collaboration (Benefits by working together, sharing ideas & resources)
• End-to-end Innovation (Motivates others to generate innovative ideas)
• Planning, Organizing and Executing (Understands business objectives and plans accordingly; implements metrics to drive continuous improvements)
Program Management Duties
• Document requirements for features, product requests, or technical specifications.
• Track and communicate feature requirements and priorities as part of a roadmap, backlog, or project plan.
• Communicate to relevant parties the status of high-impact features and other significant issues.
• Provide and respond to feedback from managers, peers, subordinates and customers.
• Incorporate security, performance, and reliability in designs for major product and subsystems appropriately.
• Develop effective customer/partner feedback loops, listen to feedback, understand its implications, and translate feedback into better features and products.
• Autonomous and able to deal with ambiguity
Experience and qualifications
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the online industry, including at least 3 years’ recent experience with program/product management of a consumer-facing product.
• Comprehensive understanding and practice of software development methodologies, preferably agile
• Management of multiple complex projects with tight deadlines
• IT or business related BA/BSc degree or equivalent
• Structured thinking and experience with data-driven analysis
• Strong experience of the technologies (networking protocols, web/application servers and databases) that underpin online consumer services.
• Regularly use and has interest in latest web-based services in multiple platforms such as PCs, Tablets and Smartphones.
• Experience with localization (or internationalization) of products
Special Requirements/Additional Information
• Experience of international culture & travel.
• Commitment to Microsoft’s business values.
• Perform other such duties as are from time to time assigned.
• Extended hours availability may be required depending on the project / service and subject to local laws.