Programme for Technological Careers (PROTEC) is a national nonprofit organisation implementing an effective, holistic model of education and career enrichment to help previously disadvantaged school learners with real aptitude, to successfully embark on careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Job Title: Project Manager – English Subject Specialist
Location: Ferndale, Randburg, Gauteng.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organise and implement an appropriate instructional and developmental program in a learning and teaching environment that guides and encourages students and teachers to develop and fulfil their academic and teaching potential.
Reports to: Senior Manager – Operations and QA
- Minimum of 5 years English teaching experience in FET.
- A teaching qualification accredited by SAQA and SACE with English as major subject.
- Knowledge on project management.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accreditation as an Assessor, Moderator, Trainer and Material development will be an added advantage.
- Experience in On-Line material development
- Education and experience:
- The incumbent must have the following attributes:
- Plan, implement and manage allocated projects
- Manage stakeholders’ relations
- Conduct English teacher and learner workshops, face to face and Virtually
- Develop and critique English on-line Learning and Teaching Support Materials
- Develop learner assessment materials in line within the departmental policies i.e. CAPS and ATPs
- Provide guidance to the learners and teachers in understanding and unpacking curriculum related policies and guidelines.
- Represent the organization in different forums which may include but not limited to subject committees to discuss subject matters.
- High stress tolerance
- Stakeholder management
- Report writing Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Driving skills with license
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to travel
- Communication skills in most of the SA languages
- Availability to start immediately will be an advantage
- Late applications will not be consideredEven though the successful candidate would be an English subject matter specialist, the candidate would be required to oversee one or more projects in the project management role.
- If you don’t hear from PROTEC three weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- All shortlisted candidates may be subjected to qualifications screening and security checks.
- A letter of motivation together with comprehensive curriculum vitae and recently certified copies of qualifications, ID and drivers’ license must be forwarded to [email protected] or [email protected]