Programme Manager – Information & Communication Technologies, Location: Cape Town
Frost and Sullivan was founded in 1961 and is a global growth consulting company dedicated to providing innovative growth strategies and market intelligence to a broad portfolio of International blue chip companies.
Frost and Sullivan operate on a truly global prospective, offering its client strategic insights and enormous expertise in specific vertical markets, industry, technologies, econometrics and demographics.
With a client list that includes global 1000 organisations, emerging companies and the investment community, Frost and Sullivan has evolved into one of the premier growth consulting companies in the world.
The unique opportunity
Due to continuing company success, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious research professional to manage and strategically develop the Research Programme within Frost & Sullivan. The research practice is dedicated to partnering with leading industry players within the ICT business community and providing strategic market research and bespoke consulting solutions.
The Programme Manager is responsible for driving the production of intellectual capital, research content and custom project fulfilment, whilst providing management/leadership support to a team of market focused Research Analysts.
The role places particular emphasis on conducting detailed primary, secondary and tailored qualitative research within the programme sector, ICT, with elements of direct client interaction with a business development focus.
The ICT PM manages a research team and output at a Programme Area level within an IRG. Owns and leads all written and interactive GPS deliverables for the Programme Area, as well as driving and resourcing GC projects. Maintains close client relationships and drives business development for the Programme through closely working with Sales team. The PM is a market specialist and internal champion for sound research and teamwork.
This position description provides a summary only of the key responsibilities of the role. The incumbent may also be requested to assist with additional tasks from time to time.
- To lead the content and product/service strategy of the relevant ICT Programme
- To drive the client strategy for the sector, including working closely with other Frost & Sullivan global teams
- To ensure that he/she continues to develop a strong foundation of ICT skills, contacts, and industry knowledge and becomes more involved in business development by working closely with the sales team
- To develop into a strong and respectable leader of a team of highly motivated analysts
- To develop a highly efficient and productive research program utilizing and leveraging internal management tools
- Establish a plan of client focussed and industry relevant research deliverables with timelines and deliver the same punctually
- To monitor the quality and quantity of research output being produced within the ICT programme area
- Develop mechanisms to ensure constant client feedback that reflect appropriately on research content
- Ensure the development and fulfilment of high quality, high value GPS offerings
- Contribute to the development and fulfilment of key deliverables in subscription services
- To build and continually develop a clear strategy and vision for the market coverage of the programme area
- Pursue opportunities for additional product offerings and revenue generation
- Meeting with clients to develop strong business relationships within the sector
- Supporting in business development activities of the business unit along with the sales team
- To drive the marketing and Corporate Communications strategy of the sector by working closely with relevant Frost & Sullivan departments
- Attend and present at conferences relevant to ICT and build a strong network of clients
- Mentor/Manage a team of client focussed analysts
- Provide regular internal training to develop a wide range of analyst skill set
- Identify skills being offered by team members/analysts and utilise the same as and when required
- Promote a culture of operational efficiency based on deadline adherence
- Conduct regular ICT business unit meetings and one-to-one line management meetings with analysts
- Maintain a constant sense of positive environment within the team and be a motivator as a leader
Client Engagement / Project Management
- Fulfil consulting engagements as either a lead analyst or as a project manager as required by the specific engagement
- Develop client engagement skills by working closely with senior consulting and implementation team members of Frost & Sullivan
- Develop and implement constant improvisation processes that could be applied in consulting projects to enhance client satisfaction
- Define the project milestones and communicate the same to the project team
- Focus on punctuality and quality of consulting delivery by regularly monitoring the performance and contribution of the project team assigned to the consulting engagement
- Play an active role in the contributing to the overall business unit’ s sales and product/service strategies
- Identify new areas with business potential for the ICT and be able to communicate the same to the entire business unit
Targets based around the following:
- Programme area revenue generation target for research, consulting and best practices
- Personal revenue generation target to reflect contributions to consulting projects
- Business development target
- BU/Global projects as agreed with your Manager
- Team management and development
- Fulfilment of research content plan for the unit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A thorough understanding of market research methodologies and/or strategic marketing
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent people skills (internal relationship building abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to present key findings to senior level executives both internally and externally
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactive approach to business development and sales
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree or MBA in related technical or business discipline
- Proven experience in consultancy or market research within industry focus area
- Experience of having successfully worked in a team environment
- Client engagement experience
- Project management experience
- Leadership skills
- Strategic planning skills
Frost & Sullivan’s commitment,
Frost & Sullivan has high expectations of its people. The remuneration packages therefore reflect our belief that outstanding performance should be rewarded. As a result, Frost & Sullivan offers high basic packages and structured personal development
How to Apply
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding work environment and you meet the requirements of this role, please forward your c.v. and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to [email protected]
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
- You must be eligible to work in South Africa for any employer.
- Frost & Sullivan is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Click here if you want to apply online