Project Last Mile is a public-private partnership designed to leverage and apply the supply chain and marketing expertise of The Coca-Cola Company and its network of partners to improve distribution medicines and uptake of health services.
In South Africa, Project Last Mile is launching a strategic marketing program to drive meaningful behavior change among men to encourage higher uptake and retention of HIV treatment and care for life.
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Gauteng
Purpose of the position is to plan, manage, and document all aspects of the project, working closely with the Strategic Marketing Lead and Directory of Delivery.
- Providing project management support for Project Last Mile, including partner coordination and project management (i.e. workplan management, stakeholder engagement, PowerPoint development)
- Coordinating and driving complex governance structure;
- Monitoring and updating program budgets and interacting with clients as assigned;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, outreach materials and briefing documents for clients;
- Providing coordination support for other relevant activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, International Affairs, Global Health, Supply Chain, Business in Emerging Markets or related field required; Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in the development sector;
- Solid life-cycle project management skills: strategic planning, partner coordination and implementation, budget tracking and reporting, proposal and budget development, staff oversight, etc.
- Experience with working on/managing donor grants;
- A working knowledge of public and private sector organizations;
- Personal Attributes:
- Willingness to travel in South Africa;
- Self-starter attitude and willingness to work independently;
- Effective oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work and troubleshoot in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Adaptability and ability to re-prioritize according to a changing context;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all types of stakeholders and personalities;
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to operate specialized software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat); and,
- Contract Duration: July 15 – September 30, with likely extension.
- Level of Effort: Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Contract Type: Consultant
Candidates interested in this position must submit a resume, cover letter and sample of recent PowerPoint presentation via email to Amanda Manchia ([email protected]) and Esther Abodunrin ([email protected])
Application Deadline: Friday, 5 July, 2019