Posted on :
10 Aug, 2015
10 Aug, 2015
The Project Manager contributes to the organisational goals, by managing the successful end to end planning, execution and delivery of projects, to the required business objectives within the constraints of time, cost and quality
Duties & Responsibilities Project Initiation
• To facilitate the initiation process by obtaining documentation containing the objectives of the project.
• Ensure a clear understanding of the project goals and stakeholder expectations
• Obtain relevant authorisation to commence the project
• Effectively negotiate and define scope of work with all stakeholders to ensure effective delivery.
• Ensure projects are realistically planned, organised and resourced, to deliver against requirement / project plan.
• Ensure compliance, governance and applied methodology of projects to Enterprise Project Office (EPO).
• Develop and execute a formal business change management and communications plan.
• Effective and efficient project administration including project documentation, schedule planning and maintenance.
• Deliverable focused.
• Responsible for decision making within project boundaries, approved time, cost and scope.
• Accountable for the results of the project.
• To build and implement required processes and mechanisms to measure the overall effectiveness of projects.
• To mentor, coach, and motivate business and project resources to maintain project governance and align with business requirements.
• Manage and control project delivery through effective management and communication of risks, issues, expectations, scope change and decisions required.
• Operationalise project successfully
• Monitor, amend and implement relevant changes
• Obtain sign off of implemented project and handover.
Minimum Job Requirements Essential:
• Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4)
• Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant field.
• 3 year Degree or Diploma and/or Professional certification in Change/Project management.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the discipline of Project/Change Management.
• Proven exposure over an extended period to some of the following;
– Exposure to overall project/change execution and implementation.
– Business case and report writing
– Stakeholder and relationship management
– Financial management
– Delivering results and meeting customer expectations that are associated with projects.
– Operational areas
• Change/ Project Management Principles (PMbok and Prince
• Financial Management
• People Management
• Structured analysis
• Channel/relationship management
• Fluency in IT
• Short and long term insurance knowledge
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Planning and organising
• Structured communication
• Problem solving
• Negotiating and influencing
How to Apply