Posted on :
2 Oct, 2014
2 Oct, 2014
Manage multiple or major application system developments and maintenance projects.
• An appropriate recognized 3 year B-degree/ Diploma (or equivalent qualification);
• A minimum of 3 years project management experience in enterprise projects utilizing methodologies (including PMBOK and Prince2).
• Well-developed project management skills;
• Budgeting and financial management skills;
• Analytical and strategic thinking.
Key performance areas:
• Manage ICT projects on behalf of the Directorate;
• Liaise with resources to ensure timely delivery of milestones;
• Regular, accurate and timely reporting within agreed project management standards;
• Organise and lead project definition workshops and related project meetings;
• Develop project definition reports and high level project plans;
• Ensure focus for resources on project milestones and delivery according to plan;
• Participate in the process of programme/project allocation within the e-government and ICT environment.
• Knowledge of the following
o Project Management methodologies;
o Scope of Project Management projects;
o Problem solving and analytical skills;
o Contract Management and Financial Management;
• An understanding of ICT and other relevant legislation and policies;
• Exceptional (written and verbal) communication skills;
• Excellent report writing and research skills;
• Presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit originally certified copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 270 804 – R 318 984 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 9
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Mr P Cloete at (021) 467 2515